About WIN Consortium and WIN Symposium
The Worldwide Innovative Network in personalized cancer medicine - WIN Consortium is a non profit organization initiated in 2010 under the leadership of Dr. John Mendelsohn, past chairman, of WIN Consortium, past president of University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston.
WIN Consortium is a network of 37 renowned member institutions - academic cancer centers, technology and pharmaceutical industries, cancer research non-profits and patient advocates in 20 countries.
The WIN Consortium was created to achieve rapid and efficient translation of ground-breaking early diagnostic and personalized cancer medicine discoveries into the standards for clinical care, to significantly improve the outcomes and quality of life of cancer patients worldwide.
WIN Consortium and WIN Symposium are chaired by prominent oncologists such as:
- Richard L. Schilsky, Chairman, WIN Consortium, Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Josep Tabernero, Vice Chairman, WIN Consortium Head, Medical Oncology Department, Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology, President 2019, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Razelle Kurzrock, Head of Clinical Trials Committee, WIN Consortium, Associate Director, Clinical Science, Director, Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, Director, Rare Tumor Clinic, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center, USA
- Gerald Batist, Professor of Medicine and Oncology at McGill University, Director of the Segal Cancer Center, Canada
- Amir Onn, Head of Standard Operating Procedures and Repository Committee, WIN Consortium, Chair, Institute of Pulmonary Oncology, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
- Apostolia-Maria Tsimberidou, Head of Membership Committee, WIN Consortium, Professor, Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, USA
- Brian Leyland-Jones, Head of Fundraising Committee, WIN Consortium; Chief Medical Officer, National Foundation of Cancer Research; Chief Scientific Officer, Darwin Foundation, USA
- Vladimir Lazar, Chief Scientific and Operating Officer, WIN Consortium
WIN was formed on the premise that we can accomplish more together than each organization can achieve working alone. WIN aims to improve cancer patients’ survival and quality of life with innovative early diagnostic and personalized cancer therapies clinical trials.
For further information on WIN's history and unique attributes, please click here.
Clinical Trials and Projects
WIN members collaboratively design and carry out global studies designed to achieve breakthroughs for patients worldwide. Our distinguished Scientific Advisory Board oversees WIN studies. For further information on our current trials, please click here.
WIN Annual Symposium
Part of WIN’s mission is also sharing information about state of the art research across the world, WIN members work, WIN trials and more generally promoting the adoption of personalized cancer medicine globally through an annual symposium.
WIN Consortium Invites You to Attend its 12th Symposium That Will Take Place on 21 - 22 June, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain
We will be soon sharing an exciting program with renowned experts in personalized cancer medicine from all across the world and will explore in particular innovative ways to bolster precision oncology by integrating transcriptomics to the current armamentarium of genomics.
More details will follow on our topics and speakers. So please stay tuned!
Reasons for Joining Us
- Listen to 30 Precision Oncology leaders from academia, industry and research organizations.
- View over 70 thought provoking abstracts from like-minded professionals
- Showcase your work
- Engage in the open discussions and network with other professionals in oncology
To view the past WIN Symposia, including the meeting report and speaker presentations, please click here.
WIN Consortium contact:
WIN 2021 Symposium
c/o MCI UK Ltd